[infinispan-dev] 9.2 EmbeddedCacheManager blocked at shutdown

Pedro Ruivo pedro at infinispan.org
Fri Mar 23 08:25:34 EDT 2018

Hi Thomas,

Is the test in question using any counter/lock?

I did see similar behavior with the counter's in our server test suite.
The partition handling makes the cache degraded because nodes are
starting and stopping concurrently.

I'm not sure if there are any JIRA to tracking. Ryan, Dan do you know?
If there is none, it should be created.

I improved the counters by making the cache start lazily when you first
get or define a counter [1]. This workaround solved the issue for us.

As a workaround for your test suite, I suggest to make sure the caches
(___counter_configuration and org.infinispan.LOCK) have finished their
state transfer before stopping the cache managers, by invoking
DefaultCacheManager.getCache(*cache-name*) in all the caches managers.

Sorry for the inconvenience and the delay in replying.

Cheers,
Pedro

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-8860