[jbdevstudio-users] JBDS 7 on OS X requires JDK 6

jbdevstudio-users at lists.jboss.org jbdevstudio-users at lists.jboss.org
Tue Oct 8 08:19:41 EDT 2013

Max,
At first I thought that was the case as well.
I've re-installed both the OS ( To keep things clean ) and JDK 7, to try it out again.
While installing JBDS 7, I used the command: */usr/libexec/java_home -V* to find the Java runtimes installed on my system and only JDK7_40 was installed.
I used the path provided by the command as the JRE to use with JBDS 7 ( This path was already selected and detected as the default path for Java by the JBDS 7 installer, I'm sure there is nothing wrong with the installer ).
Before running the JBDS y look inside the package file and found the INI file - the -vm option was pointing to the JDK 7_40 that the installed had detected.
As before while trying to start JBDS the first time I get the prompt stating that this program need JDK 6 and that it would download the apple version.

I will assume that this is caused by some apple wackiness with Java.

Posted by forums
Original post: https://community.jboss.org/message/840678#840678