[jbdevstudio-users] I can't create Web Service from EJB in JBoss Developer Studio

jbdevstudio-users at lists.jboss.org jbdevstudio-users at lists.jboss.org
Tue Dec 9 04:03:42 EST 2014

I tried to create a web service from EJB with help of JBoss Developer Studio but got an error "Could not load class ... Did you specify a valid --classpath?"(represented in the attachment).
 Image:Error1.jpg

I have EJB project which contains AccountServiceBean.
I used bean's context menu item "WebServices->Create Web Service" to initiate the creation process.
 Image:MenuItem.jpg
 Image:Dialog1.jpg
 Image:Dialog2.jpg

It looks as wsprovide tool of JBoss EAP is used for Web Service generation and it can't find the class AccountServiceBean. To the moment I have not found a way to make the bean visible to the tool.

I broke my head trying to resolve the problem I hope somebody faced the problem already and found a solution.

I found two related JBoss issues but they are not very helpful:
 1. https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-3310
 2. https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-3173

Environment:
 1. IDE: JBoss Developer Studio Version: 7.1.1.GA
 2. Server: JBoss EAR 6.2
 3. wsprovide: JBossDevStudio711\runtimes\jboss-eap\bin\wsprovide.bat
 4. OS: Windows 7 64bit

Posted by forums
Original post: https://developer.jboss.org/message/912830#912830