[jbdevstudio-users] JBoss Developer Studio - Installer Error: "Access Denied"

jbdevstudio-users at lists.jboss.org jbdevstudio-users at lists.jboss.org
Tue Jan 21 18:23:10 EST 2014

Looking through the .log files I see several problems to fix:
1. in ibds p2repo inside jar as meta information in jbds/artifacts.jar that declares there are packed (.pack.gz) and unpacked .jar artifacts, but p2repo contains only .jars
2. org.eclipse.core.net_1.2.200.v20130430-1352.jar is missing in p2director application and that leads to IProxyService ClassNotFound exception
3. After testing on windows I found one more problem in log that is not reported here

{quote:class=jive_text_macro jive_macro_quote}
java.lang.RuntimeException: Application "com.jboss.jbds.product.EclipseGenerator" could not be found in the registry. The applications available are: com.jboss.jbds.p2.director, org.eclipse.equinox.app.error, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.garbagecollector.application, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.InstallPublisher, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.EclipseGenerator, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.ProductPublisher, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.FeaturesAndBundlesPublisher, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository.repo2runnable, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository.metadataverifier, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository.mirrorApplication, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository.mirrorApplication. at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDefaultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:248) at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.MainApplicationLauncher.run(MainApplicationLauncher.java:29) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:354) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:181) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:636) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:591) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1450) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1426)
{quote}

Installation works for me Under windows 7, I'll try to test it under Vista at home to see if I can replicate it.

I guess if there would be no problem (1) above, installer would work. For some reason it decides to install packed artifacts instead of using jar files.

Posted by forums
Original post: https://community.jboss.org/message/854009#854009