[jboss-as7-dev] Deployment Chain/Service interaction

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Thu Dec 2 15:50:50 EST 2010

On 12/2/10 2:18 PM, David M. Lloyd wrote:

<snip/>

> You may notice a superficial similarity between these phases and the
> phases of an AS5/6 MC service.  I noticed that too.  :-)

Good. :-) I'm happy when stuff that smart people thought through in the
past reappears in altered form. That vague feeling of "what are we
missing here" is reduced a bit.

> 3. Phase: "parse" ->  "jboss.deployment.\"myapp-foo.war\".parse"
>
> In this phase, all descriptors which are available via the file system
> are processed.  This includes XML descriptors, manifest information,
> etc.  When processing of this phase is complete, all descriptors should
> be parsed and stored in the DUP context.
>
> 4. Phase "dependencies" ->  "jboss.deployment.\"myapp-foo.war\".dependencies"
>
> In this phase, the data collected is used to assemble the list of
> dependencies and class path resource roots.

I assume what you mean here are module dependencies, not service
dependencies.

> Class-path dependencies on
> other deployments will be added to this deployment's "modularize" phase
> as MSC dependencies on the dependency deployments' "structure" phase.
> When processing of this phase is complete, all the information necessary
> to construct the module for this deployment is available.

Can annotations, which aren't read until the "modularize" phase, result
in module dependencies?