[jboss-as7-dev] Deployment Chain/Service interaction

Ales Justin ales.justin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 17:56:12 EST 2010

>>> Yeah maybe, though EAR specifies some extra stuff that we won't have,
>>> i.e. a big flat classloader.
>>
>> Couldn't you make ear + its jars just one classloader
>> with multiple roots (multiple local loaders), if this would simplify things.
>> Or how do we do it atm?
>
> Yeah that's how we're doing it; this was in the context of discussing
> whether we'd treat all top-level JavaEE JARs (WARs, EJB JARs etc.) as a
> kind of "virtual" EAR.  Having all top-level deployments on a flat
> classpath is obviously counter to our goals.

Ah, the good ol' "big-ball-o-mud" days. :-)

Yeah, that would make the hard modularization work go to waste.

But during AS5/6 + EJB3 + CDI integration I've seen some ugly things :-)
(whole scan of existing deployments (DUs) and looking for matching EJBs)
which I think are gonna be pita to support -- if we actually want (or need?) to support them ...