[jboss-as7-dev] [Discuss] Making Shrinkwrap more module-classloader friendly

David Bosschaert david at redhat.com
Fri Dec 10 09:07:48 EST 2010

In what I'm currently working on the actual ShrinkWrap archive is
created on the client, but Shrinkwrap still gets slightly involved on
the test run side in that it is used to reconstitute the Archive it
receives over the wire from the client (via JMX) using a ZipImporter.

Aslak, in what you're planning to do, ShrinkWrap would not be used
inside the container, so that would work as well.

Aside from the actual use-case with Arquillian and AS7 (which we can
solve in a number of ways) I am interested should the design of
Shrinkwrap be adapted to support modular systems?

On a high level I agree with Thomas that Shrinkwrap should be usable as
a utility class, without any fancy classloading tricks needed by the
consumer. That would be ideal.
My Service Idea is more glued into the current SW design and would be
relatively easy to add, but usage as a simple utility class would be
even better...

Cheers,

David