[jboss-as7-dev] Admin console

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Thu Dec 23 10:06:18 EST 2010

On 12/23/10 8:30 AM, ssilvert at redhat.com wrote:
> Quoting "Heiko W.Rupp"<hrupp at redhat.com>:
>

>> Am 22.12.2010 um 18:57 schrieb David M. Lloyd:
>>
>>> the DC but I wouldn't recommend it, at least not unless the console were
>>> bare-bones minimal (i.e. no dependency on jboss web, or servlets in
>>> general or any other EE stuff, nor other frameworks; just some miniature
>>
>> I think you will need servlets for GWT (but not much more).
>
> Has a final decision been made on GWT instead of JSF for the console?
>
> Either way, I'm interested in the rationale.

Right now everything is on the table. There are some technical goals though:

1) Limit dependencies on our internal frameworks which burned us in the
past (chicken-egg) and prevents users from deploying "slimmer" configs
with a web console
2) Reduce the ridiculous storage overhead (i think its like 35+ megs
when you count libs in common, half when you don't)
3) Have login time not be insanely slow
4) Have a modern UI that is capable of representing complex domain
topologies.

A working group with various folks (including you) should be forming
sometime soon, and architecture will be one of the first things that
will be looked at.

--
Jason T. Greene