[jboss-as7-dev] shutdown.sh equivalent

Alexey Loubyansky alexey.loubyansky at redhat.com
Fri Apr 8 12:07:54 EDT 2011

I've pushed the following

./jboss-admin.sh commands=cmd1,cmd2,cmd3

If somebody can suggest a better syntax, please, do.

';' as a separator can't work because bash uses it as a command separator.
If you want to execute a command with arguments, you have to use quotes
like this

./jboss-admin.sh commands="connect,'ls -l',quit"

Actually, explicit 'quit' is not necessary. Which is also up for
discussion, should it be necessary?

The following will be an equivalent to the above

./jboss-admin.sh --connect commands="'ls -l'"

Alexey