[jboss-as7-dev] Result "undefined"?

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Tue Apr 12 15:20:45 EDT 2011

It's analogous to the void return value of standard property setters or
MBeanServer.setAttribute. The contract of the operation is if it returns
successfully the attribute now has the provided value.

I'm leery of changing it as it imposes a burden on the OperationHandler
impls for all writable attributes to pass back the new value. They
mostly inherit from a common superclass where I could add that, so if
it's important I can consider it. But it introduces a subtle source of
bugs if clients were to depend on the value.