[jboss-as7-dev] deploying a war - jboss-classloading.xml

denstar valliantster at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 20:39:58 EDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 5:55 PM, denstar wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 5:41 PM, David M. Lloyd wrote:
>> OK you *should* be able to deploy things which include those kinds of libs
>> in AS7.  At least, we specifically built support for those XML libs, but
>> it's not terribly well-tested, so if you are running into specific issues
>> we'd love to hear about it.
>
> Awesome!  I'll figure out the exact lib(s) that be gumming up the works.

Ok, well, this was the real culprit:
http://hartsock.blogspot.com/2009/04/grails-11-jboss-42x-and-oracle.html
(xmlparserv2)

Once it's out, she starts!

I still see a lot of warnings about (I think) jar manifests (Class
Path entry xml-apis.jar does not point to a valid jar for a Class-Path
reference), but it starts and runs.

workaround):  We use a custom classloader for a good bit of stuff (fun
times)...

One thing which we "load ourselves" so to speak, that I was assuming
was going to cause problems, is infinispan.  If I try to load up
infinispan using our custom classloader, I get this:

Caused by: org.infinispan.config.ConfigurationException: Unable to
instantiate class org.infinispan.executors.DefaultExecutorFactory
 	at org.infinispan.util.Util.loadClass(Util.java:75)
 	at org.infinispan.util.Util.getInstance(Util.java:161)
 	at org.infinispan.factories.NamedExecutorsFactory.buildAndConfigureExecutorService(NamedExecutorsFactory.java:84)
 	at org.infinispan.factories.NamedExecutorsFactory.construct(NamedExecutorsFactory.java:38)
 	at org.infinispan.factories.AbstractComponentRegistry.getOrCreateComponent(AbstractComponentRegistry.java:318)
 	at org.infinispan.factories.AbstractComponentRegistry.invokeInjectionMethod(AbstractComponentRegistry.java:254)
 	at org.infinispan.factories.AbstractComponentRegistry$Component.injectDependencies(AbstractComponentRegistry.java:843)
 	at org.infinispan.factories.AbstractComponentRegistry.registerComponent(AbstractComponentRegistry.java:228)
 	at org.infinispan.factories.AbstractComponentRegistry.registerComponent(AbstractComponentRegistry.java:185)
 	at org.infinispan.factories.GlobalComponentRegistry.<init>(GlobalComponentRegistry.java:79)
	... 37 more
org.infinispan.executors.DefaultExecutorFactory from [Module
"deployment.railo-infinispan.war:main" from Service Module Loader]

It's not a big deal, because if I move the infinispan libs from our
custom location into WEB-INF/lib, everything seems to work fine.  I'm
just wondering what other stuff will bubble up from our custom
classloading awesomeness (which works a treat in other containers, but
might be "interesting" in a stricter environment?).

Anyways, thanks again for the help, I think I'm basically good to go!

:Den

--
Society is like the air, necessary to breathe but insufficient to live on.
George Santayana