[jboss-as7-dev] deploying a war - jboss-classloading.xml

denstar valliantster at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 22:40:17 EDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 6:44 PM, Jason T. Greene wrote:
> On 4/13/11 4:19 PM, David M. Lloyd wrote:
>>
>> On 04/13/2011 03:41 PM, denstar wrote:
>>> Hi Folks!
>>>
>>> With AS5 I'd put something like this:
>>>
>>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>>> <classloading xmlns="urn:jboss:classloading:1.0" name="cfdistro"
>>> domain="DefaultDomain" export-all="NON_EMPTY" import-all="true">
>>> </classloading>
>>>
>>> into WEB-INF/jboss-classloading.xml
>
> On AS5/6 that eliminates war isolation.

Kinda makes sense then, I guess.  In weird side effect land.  :)

More likely, I have classloading -- this thing I've worked with for
years now (with many a classloader walk) -- ill conceptualized.  It
would not surprise me in the least.  :)
(I add an emoticon, but I'm dead serious :])

Isolating something that's designed not to be isolated is never
pretty, I'd posit.  And thus dependency management!  Heh.

At any rate, it's basically the same list of jars I have to delete
now, that I had to delete when I first got things going with AS5
(before I found out about jboss-classloading.xml).  I'm pretty sure
AS6 worked like 5 as far as having jboss-classloading.xml work it's
magic.

Guess I should try doing the opposite of what I thought I should be
trying to do.  Oh, irony!  :)

:DeN*

--
That fear first created the gods is perhaps as true as anything so
brief could be on so great a subject.