[jboss-as7-dev] deploying a war - jboss-classloading.xml

denstar valliantster at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 22:42:14 EDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 6:47 PM, Jason T. Greene wrote:
> On 4/13/11 7:39 PM, denstar wrote:
>>> Awesome!  I'll figure out the exact lib(s) that be gumming up the works.
>>
>> Ok, well, this was the real culprit:
>> http://hartsock.blogspot.com/2009/04/grails-11-jboss-42x-and-oracle.html
>> (xmlparserv2)
>
> Interesting any JAXP impl should be discovered

Turns out I kinda jumped the gun regardless.  At one point AS7 would
never get past deploying the war, but when I deleted the slew of jars
the first time, it did start, so when I got rid of that one, and it
started, I was like "score!".

Only it really wasn't working.  When I tried to actually do stuff I
got the xml doc error.

When I deleted these:

rm WEB-INF/lib/apache-xml-xalan.jar
rm WEB-INF/lib/jtds.jar
rm WEB-INF/lib/lowagie.itext.jar
rm WEB-INF/lib/serializer.jar

It got rid of the Class-Path reference warnings, but I still got the
xml classloading exception.

When I deleted the rest of the jars (the old list from when I first
tried AS5, and the original slew I deleted to get things going in AS7)
:

rm WEB-INF/ss_css2.jar
rm WEB-INF/lib/w3c-dom.jar
rm WEB-INF/lib/xmlparserv2.jar
rm WEB-INF/lib/xml-apis.jar

Everything actually ran.

So I guess to get the same behavior I had in the previous version of
AS, I'd add those libs to the MANIFEST.MF file?  Something along those
lines, neh?  Seems logical, based on the info.

:Den

--
The Bible is a wonderful source of inspiration for those who don't
understand it.