[jboss-as7-dev] Missing 404 for non-existent web app context?

Remy Maucherat rmaucher at redhat.com
Thu Apr 14 04:00:25 EDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-04-14 at 12:55 +0530, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
> I was testing the lastest AS7 upstream and am noticing an issue with
> web application context handling. Just start the server and access any
> non-existent URL like http://localhost:8080/nonexistentapp. It just
> renders a blank page. Shouldn't it show up a 404 error page like it
> does in previous versions of JBoss AS?

If there's nothing to map, you get a 404. Your browser then does not
feel like it has to display the status code to you.

For whatever reason, just like it is a good idea to allow users to
package whatever JAR they think is useful in their war, it is apparently
needed to have hardcoded HTML generation with embedded images to present
some hello page.

--
Remy Maucherat <rmaucher at redhat.com>
Red Hat Inc