[jboss-as7-dev] Installing a JDBC driver as a deployment

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Thu Apr 14 09:34:29 EDT 2011

2 is not checking installed jdbc drivers, it is dumping the jdbc-driver
element of a configured resource. You first have to deploy a driver, and
then you can refer to it via the resource configuration, which contains
things like pool sizes and so on.

I think the thing that's missing here is a way for you to know the
available jdbc drivers. It sounds like we need a new management
operation....

On 4/14/11 6:58 AM, Heiko Braun wrote:

> (Referring to http://community.jboss.org/wiki/DataSourceConfigurationinAS7#Installing_a_JDBC_driver_as_a_deployment)
>
> How is this supposed to work?
> I manage to install the driver as a deployment and then what?
> It's not listed as a driver but seems to be installed successfully.
>

> 1) deployment of the driver
>
> [localhost:9999 /] deploy /Users/hbraun/Desktop/mysql-connector-java-5.1.6.jar
> undefined
>
> [localhost:9999 /] deploy /Users/hbraun/Desktop/mysql-connector-java-5.1.6.jar
> 'mysql-connector-java-5.1.6.jar' is already deployed (use -f to force re-deploy).
>

> 2) check installed driver
>
> [localhost:9999 /] /profile=default/subsystem=datasources:read-children-names(child-type=jdbc-driver)
> {
>      "outcome" =>  "success",
>      "result" =>  ["com.h2database.h2"],
>      "compensating-operation" =>  undefined