[jboss-as7-dev] Additional info on metrical attributes

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Tue Apr 19 11:00:38 EDT 2011

Hi,

I know that we discussed that somewhat in Neuchâtel, but I don't recall any outcome:

For the http connector I see (I just took this as example, as this is one of the
few metrics that exist at all at the moment).

 "processingTime" => {
                "type" => INT,
                "access-type" => "metric",
                "storage" => "runtime"
            },

For RHQ (and probably other management tools), this metric could use more information:
- units (is that seconds, millis, shoes) ?
- a textual description
- an indicator if this is a steadily climbing/falling metric or if values can be "arbitrary"

Can those be added please?

     Heiko

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Technopark II, Haus C,
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14, D-85630 Grasbrunn