[jboss-as7-dev] DataSource Enable/disable

Stefano Maestri smaestri at redhat.com
Wed Apr 20 10:31:43 EDT 2011

When John have changed datasources subsystem he have created 4
operations for them:
- add
- remove
- enable
- disable

I like them, now Heiko is asking to move enable/disable out in favour of
a more standard r/w attribute enabled (note that this attribute is
present in our xml). See There:

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBAS-9341

Since the operation don't just change the attribute, but also stop
services and unbind ds from jndi I'd prefer to keep operations as is. I
think an explicit operation make clearer to users that they are changing
the status of the entire datasourrce

opinions?

S.