[jboss-as7-dev] DataSource Enable/disable

Jim Tyrrell jtyrrell at redhat.com
Wed Apr 20 21:34:00 EDT 2011

But in a clustered example you could fail over to another node that still had that service available, so you would not get errors.

What if you wanted to gracefully update a datasource, what do you purpose?  To keep as near to 100% uptime as possible.  IE the database has not changed, the app has not changed, but in the back is a Oracle RAC that can now handle double the amount of threads?  You have four machines that need to be updated.

I would think you would want to disable the node datasource, then stop the node datasource.  Edit the config, and then start it back up, along with some pretty tooling that lets you know no more transactions are pending on that datasource before you stop it.  In a perfect world this is all automated in some tooling to give you 100% uptime and quicesing a server.

I fail to see how the paradigm of the web container load balancer does not apply, I freely admit I am stupid, but your answer to me confirms that it would apply.

Jim Tyrrell
Senior JBoss Solutions Architect

Did you see RHT on CNBC's Mad Money?
http://www.cnbc.com/id/39401056