[jboss-as7-dev] DataSource Enable/disable

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Tue Apr 26 09:51:17 EDT 2011

I think the thing should only be up (working completely normally) or
down (completely shut off).  If stop was requested, the service will
stay UP until all its dependencies are shut down.  Once its dependencies
are down it will stay STOPPING until there are zero requests running.
The graceful shutdown mechanism will take care of cutting off service if
shutdown has to wait too long.

If we go through a phased shutdown, all that is going to happen is there
will be a lot of errors.  It doesn't make sense to have an EJB still
accepting requests when one of its dependent services is shutting down -
it just wouldn't happen.  The EJB would be shut down before the DS is.
That's what we have dependencies for.

- DML