[jboss-as7-dev] Deployment descriptors?

denstar valliantster at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 14:59:01 EDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 7:29 AM, Carlo de Wolf wrote:
> Yes, we call this overlays. It is currently not yet implemented.

Cool, I gathered as much when I tossed the new XSD in.  =)

> It'll become something like:
>
> <deployment name="foo.war" runtime-name="foo.war">
>    <fs-exploded path="deployments/foo.war" relative-to="jboss.home"/>
>    <fs-exploded root="/images" path="/some/place/else/images"/>
> </deployment>
>

> The actual xml might still change a bit..

Looks dandy to me.

Naming stuff can suck.  "overlay", "path", "root"...  terms are
overloaded.  Bah.

Would context-path be in there too?

What about "resource map", "resource structure" or some such instead
of "overlay"?  "deployment resource"?  hrm.  Trying to remember what I
read on that "overlay" ticket.  Will the fs-* element be appearing
other places besides the deployment element?

Anyways, it's looking good, and thanks for the heads up!

:Denny

--
Being is. Being is in-itself. Being is what it is.
Jean-Paul Sartre