[jboss-as7-dev] json vs custom parser

Heiko Braun hbraun at redhat.com
Wed Feb 2 12:05:26 EST 2011

Thats not what I meant. I am not asking for a parsing the binary protocol
in Javascript. I was simply wondering if the DMR model could be decoupled form the dependencies
the GWT compiler doesn't support. Simply to reuse it, in order to express operations, etc on the client.
No big deal if that doesn't work.

But back to your proposal:
I don't believe parsing the binary protocol will be more efficient then natively evaluating the JSON
bit's and pieces. Which typically is what you do in GWT.

But before we dive too much into assumptions, let's stick to the requirements:
JSON works fine. So far there is no need for the binary protocol in GWT.
We would need to identify a performance problem first,
before we take a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

Ike