[jboss-as7-dev] Management Configuration

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Wed Feb 9 06:10:14 EST 2011

Has there been any consideration yet regarding where the actual
configuration for the management of the servers will take place?

Looking at the schemas we have a 'managementType' that can exist either
in the standalone.xml or in the host.xml - at the moment this element
only controls which APIs are available and I think these locations make
sense as which to expose could be a host by host decision.

For the actual security of the management APIs I think we are going to
want something more central that applies to a full domain so something
that would be in both the domain.xml and the standalone.xml.

Also longer term could this require additional centralised
configuration?  Possibly thinks like persistence policies, console
customisation, rules for which hosts can join etc...

Regards,
Darran Lofthouse.