[jboss-as7-dev] DMR GWT Prototype

Heiko Braun hbraun at redhat.com
Thu Feb 10 14:26:19 EST 2011

This might turn out to be really valuable.
Your analysis is pretty much to the point:
Overlay types are difficult on a detyped API.
At least it would mean that we need to create overlay types, per use case
(i.e read operation). So in the end the base64 approach might turn out to be a real productivity boost.

Regarding the performance characteristics:
That doesn't worry me too much. You get slow and unresponsive GWT apps
for different reasons (too much requests, no caching, fine grained model representations, etc).

I will definitely give it a try.
Btw, how does the client client serialize the data? Is it implemented as well?

Ike