[jboss-as7-dev] Compatibility with earlier JMX clients ?

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Tue Feb 15 09:34:19 EST 2011

On 2/15/11 6:33 AM, Marchioni Francesco wrote:
> Dear JBoss developers,
> just wondering if JMX support will be changed in the release 7 of the
> application server.
> I've tried running a basic JMX local (web) client:

We have a legacy sar deployer that will allow you to port your existing
mbean deployments. In addition we also have a JSR-160 connector which
allows you to use jconsole with AS7.

However the app server will not be exposing the same internals as
mbeans, since the architecture is different. Instead management
operations will go through the many management interfaces (including a
yet to be developed jmx facade)

--
Jason T. Greene