[jboss-as7-dev] testsuite

Andrew Lee Rubinger andrew.rubinger at redhat.com
Wed Feb 16 02:53:58 EST 2011

Are you referring to Servlet 3.0 10.6?  I don't find it incredibly
explicit, except that it clearly notes that a top-level META-INF is to
be excluded from servicing client requests:

"Web applications can be packaged and signed into a Web ARchive format
(WAR) file
using the standard Java archive tools. For example, an application for
issue tracking
might be distributed in an archive file called issuetrack.war.
When packaged into such a form, a META-INF directory will be present which
contains information useful to Java archive tools. This directory must
not be directly
served as content by the container in response to a Web client’s
request, though its
contents are visible to servlet code via the getResource and
getResourceAsStream
calls on the ServletContext. Also, any requests to access the resources
in META-INF
directory must be returned with a SC_NOT_FOUND(404) response."

S,
ALR