[jboss-as7-dev] Management Configuration

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Wed Feb 16 09:11:07 EST 2011

How fixed are we on having the existing <management> element actually
called management?

At the moment the only use for that element is to list the management
APIs that should be enabled on specific hosts or in the case of
standalone on the single instance.  Converting to something like
<management-apis> would be more meaningful for it's actual intent.

For the general top level element for domain management a few names
start to come to mind: -
   <management>
   <domain-management>
   <administration-management> / <admin-management>

Or as the domain and server elements are their own complex types in the
xsd could we have <domain-management> in a domain.xml and
<host-management> in a standalone.xml?

Regards,
Darran Lofthouse.