[jboss-as7-dev] doamain deployments

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Fri Feb 18 11:04:50 EST 2011

Yes, the intent was equivalent to "disabled".

There are really two similar notions in the xsd and I'd like to clean
them up, so I'll semi-hijack this thread to discuss that:

1) This "allowed" flag which if false says that mapping the deployment
to a server-group is forbidden. If the deployment can't be mapped it
will never be deployed. If "false" the deployment is present in the
central deployment content repo maintained by the domain controller but
wouldn't get pushed to any other hosts.

2) A "start" flag that indicates whether deployment content that is
available on the host is actually deployed (and should be deployed at
server start). If "false" the content is available for use on the host
but isn't actually deployed.  This applies to both domain mode and
standalone mode.

I don't see much point to "allowed". And "start" is a poor name. So I'd
like to:

a) get rid of "allowed".
b) change "start" to "disabled"

Thoughts?