[jboss-as7-dev] Metadata for AS

Andrew Lee Rubinger andrew.rubinger at redhat.com
Mon Feb 21 18:42:39 EST 2011

On 02/21/2011 06:09 PM, Remy Maucherat wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-02-21 at 14:22 -0500, Andrew Lee Rubinger wrote:
>> Alongside our metadata discussions this morning, I'd like to offer up a
>> prototype for use as the preferred metadata view for AS subsystems.
>>
>> We've baked in the testing community a project currently branded
>> "ShrinkWrap Descriptors":
>>
>> GitHub: https://github.com/shrinkwrap/descriptors
>> JIRA: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/SHRINKDESC
>
> Maybe we could think about redoing metadata for the next release ? For
> this one it would make web integration go back to the start, while
> there's still a lot that needs to be integrated and not much time left.

Maybe true, but I don't only want to think only in terms of AS releases.
  There's two other community projects which want this, so if AS is
interested, it can put things to the forefront now.  And AS can bring it
in whenever it's ready.

So the question is: will AS want it in the future?  If so, I can justify
the investment there now.

Also Remy, point me to the web integration parts?  If I remove
jboss-metadata as a dependency from one or two projects, light
everything red, and then plug in this thing, it shouldn't take me long
to retool the lot.  Assuming Descriptors gets built out and is good to go.

S,
ALR