[jboss-as7-dev] Making Admin Console Accessible over HTTP API

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Wed Mar 9 16:40:51 EST 2011

On 3/9/11 2:38 PM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

>>> More automatically than using the http auth api ?
>>
>> The difference between native and http is that with native you get a
>> java API that does all of the protocol stuff for you. With the HTTP API,
>> you will have to do generate and parse JSON. For the web console we also
>> allow for encoded DMR messages over HTTP, although if you are using DMR,
>> thats about 80% of the java API.
>

> when using this java api i still need to use the untyped model correct ? i.e. string based invocations or
> is it more typed ?

Yes it's detyped, but it still has a fluid API that manages the
structure and will auto-convert types for you:

https://github.com/n1hility/jboss-dmr/blob/master/src/test/java/org/jboss/dmr/ModelNodeTest.java

Although, this could also be done with a good JSON library.

One last small benefit is that the java api will let you excute the
deployment operation with a stream on the same request. Http will
require a standard mime multipart request to do the upload.

--
Jason T. Greene