[jboss-as7-dev] Management Console Screens

Dimitris Andreadis dandread at redhat.com
Fri Mar 11 03:27:04 EST 2011

I think the task oriented approach is good but what's missing from the current layout is
some form for visual clue of where you are within the management information tree that the
domain model imposes, or a way to use that to navigate quickly to the particular
Profile/Group/Host

So in the left side below or above the related tasks, a tree like structure showing what is
being managed:

HostA
  Domain Controller
HostB
  Host ControlerB
  ServerB1 (GroupNameX/ProfileP1)
  ServerB2 (GroupNameY/ProfileP2)
HostC
  Host ControlerC
  ServerC1 (GroupNameX/ProfileP1)
  ServerC2 (GroupNameY/ProfileP2)

Maybe that view could change depending on which top right tab you choose (Profile/Group/Hosts)

So the above when choosing Hosts and correspondingly for Profiles and Groups:

Profiles
   ProfileP1
   ProfileP2

Groups
   GroupNameX
   GroupNameY

I'd prefer that, instead of the drop list.