[jboss-as7-dev] Management Console Screens

Dimitris Andreadis dandread at redhat.com
Fri Mar 11 05:11:24 EST 2011

I know it is not easy, but I think you need to try and combine both models. The task
oriented approach layered on top or connected somehow with an underlying tree model.

Every other management tool out there has some notion of tree view or resources, it's hard
to get completely away from it, administrators will be confused. Instinctively, you look at
the console and try to answer the question where am I now, compared to the full picture, or
even, what is the full picture in the first place, that I can drill into.

I may be biased, because I worked on network management systems for a long time before
joining jboss, where the concept of the tree is universal. Especially on bigger systems,
like the one we are trying to depict now with the domain model.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dimitris Andreadis

http://dandreadis.blogspot.com/