[jboss-as7-dev] Modules visualization

Ales Justin ales.justin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 05:23:56 EDT 2011

> How about a *textual* representation ? Something one can search/grep ?
>
> Something like the output of mvn dependency:tree ?

It all plugable, see GrapherServlet::doRenderGraph:
* graph creator; modules, services, old MC, ...
* dependency type; i-depend-on, dependes-on-me, unresolved, ...
* dependency filter; filter components
* layout; actual vertices placement (missing jgraph-layout lib here)
* renderer; jpg, gif, png, svg, html, ...

You're welcome to write such renderer.

> btw. noob question - what is the name one should use if I deploy foo.war to the server as parameter to this grapher ?

?extension=single-module&initial-value=<MODULE_NAME>

Where module_name in this would be: deployment.foo.war:main

I need to check if this actually works;
I mean, do I have access to this module outside Grapher app.

-Ales