[jboss-as7-dev] Distributed cache in AS7

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Fri Mar 18 07:31:22 EDT 2011

For management after the various considerations so far i don't see a
need for a distributed cache anyway as we have already explored a couple
of additional options: -

  - Slave DC delegating to Master DC.
  - Signed token containing required data.

For AS7 I see the problem that they need to solve is that every request
from a single client could potentially be passed to any node in a
cluster so having access to the 'authenticated state' of the users on
each node has some merit.

However for management clients connecting to different nodes isn't
something we expect to be usual so any distributed cache would be on the
off-chance that the administrator may connect to any one of the many
nodes connected to the DC.

(We still have the issue of distributed cache invalidation or signed
token revocation but that is a slightly different issue for us)

Regards,
Darran Lofthouse.