[jboss-as7-dev] Question about JBoss Logging

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Fri Mar 18 10:25:00 EDT 2011

On 03/18/2011 08:09 AM, Andrig Miller wrote:
> I ask this on the forum, but haven't gotten a response, so I figured I
> would try here.
>
> I have been porting an application up to AS 7. In doing that, I changed
> the logging I was doing in the application (mostly trace level), and I
> changed it to use JBoss Logging directly. When I deploy the application,
> it fails with a class not found exception, where it cannot find the
> Level class. So, my questions are.
>
> Is JBoss Logging exposed as a public API through the module system? If
> not, was that intentional? If not, what is the recommended approach?

Jaikiran's solution is the recommended one at the moment.  It does raise
a bigger issue though in that we don't really have a formal list of:

1) What modules ALWAYS appear in a deployment by default (by deployment
type)
2) What modules are AVAILABLE to be explicitly depended on (implying, we
will support and maintain the existence of these modules)
3) What modules are UNAVAILABLE for explicit dependency (implying that
the user will not be able to depend on them even though we ship them, so
we reserve the right to change them at any time)

Any volunteers?
--
- DML