[jboss-as7-dev] dmr: server instances?

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Fri Mar 18 10:45:33 EDT 2011

On 3/18/11 7:03 AM, Heiko Braun wrote:

> is the 'server' node the element that contains server instances?

Yes; that's where you access the actual running server.

The operations to actually start/stop/restart the server and check their
status are under "server-config" which I'm not happy about. Not
intuitive. It's that way because of a kind of chicken-and-egg problem.

Emanuel, WDYT about a more sophisticated ProxyController for the
servers? Installed by the ServerAddHandler. It handles the lifecycle and
status ops directly; proxies the rest. Where it gets complicated is
things like read-resource, read-resource-description, read-attribute,
all of which would require custom handling. It also make a server
resource an odd duck, since it's resource description varies depending
on whether the server is started.