[jboss-as7-dev] Question about EAR's and Class Loading

Andrig Miller anmiller at redhat.com
Tue Mar 22 15:29:51 EDT 2011

So, I got past the class not found exception for logging (I actually had to add org.jboss.logmanager export), since I was using the logmanager.

So, after getting past that, and successfully creating a module for MySQL and defining my data source, I know have another interesting issue with my ear file.

I get the following:

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: services.entities.Product from [Module "deployment.OrderManagerApp.ear.OrderManagerEJB.jar:main" from Service Module Loader]

So, my ear is constructed in a fairly simple manner, and the same as it was for AS 5/6.  I have an OrderManagerEntities.jar that has the entities in them, including the services.entities.Product that its complaining about, and that jar is in the ear, but the stateless session beans in OrderManagerEJB.jar reference it.  It appears that there is not proper visibility to the entities in the other jar of the ear, and it cannot find it.

Is there something I need to do differently in my ear on AS 7, or is this a bug?  I could probably work around it, and put the entities in the same jar as the stateless session beans, I suppose.

Andy