[jboss-as7-dev] I got closer to figuring out why epcpropagation didn't deploy in the as7 testsuite/integration...

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Tue Mar 22 23:32:09 EDT 2011

I want to port over more of the EJB3 JPA tests but want to get
epcpropagation to deploy correctly first.

The epcpropagation test is at
https://github.com/scottmarlow/jboss-as/tree/master/testsuite/integration/src/test/java/org/jboss/as/testsuite/integration/jpa/epcpropagation

Currently, when I try to run "mvn install" from testsuite/integration,
EPCPropagationTestCase starts to run but doesn't get through deployment
for some reason.  I want to share some of what I am seeing, in case it
helps others when they hit similar problems.

1.  I ran jconsole and used the MSC mbean to dump current service status
after hanging during the EPCPropagationTestCase.  Output is here
http://pastie.org/1702369.

2.  In the services dump, the following service is listed as a
dependency but never got started or deployed.

jboss.deployment.unit."EPCPropagationTestCaseArchive.jar".component.IntermediateStatefulBean.VIEW."org.jboss.as.testsuite.integration.jpa.epcpropagation.StatefulRemote

3.  The following service depends on (2)
"jboss.naming.context.java.comp.EPCPropagationTestCaseArchive.EPCPropagationTestCaseArchive.InitEPCStatefulBean."env/org.jboss.as.testsuite.integration.jpa.epcpropagation.InitEPCStatefulBean/cmtBean"".

4.  Since (2) is not being deployed, (3) will never be satisfied.

5.  I enabled AS7 trace logging and looked for
"IntermediateStatefulBean" in server.log.  Interesting occurrences are at:
http://pastie.org/1702410

I think there are two possible issues.  Either we should of deployed
service (2) or service (3) shouldn't depend on (2).  Either way, it
sounds like a deployment bug to me.  I suppose it could also be a bug in
my testcase as well (operator error).

Scott