[jboss-as7-dev] how to access the management model?

André Dietisheim adietish at redhat.com
Wed Mar 23 16:19:20 EDT 2011

Hi Jason

thanks for the further insights!

> There is an HTTP interface that can take requests in either JSON or in
> base64 encoded dmr binary format. We don't call it REST though because
> "invoking" an arbitrary management operation (e.g. "clear auth cache")
> does not meet the REST purity definition.

hmm, to be honest I dont really understand why a RESTy semantic (ex.
post to or delete to the uri of the cache resource) would not allow this
operation. But I might miss something here since I do not have the same
background.

> Keep in mind that the remote Java API will be the easiest to use from
> Java, since it will handle all the transport stuff for you, and
> exposes a nice API for working with detyped data. The main focus of
> the HTTP interface is supporting non-Java clients (i.e. scripting
> languages, and the console which is JavaScript based)

oh, looks like I missed this one. Guess using the java API would be the
better choice for me then. Is there any documentation about it?

Cheers
André