[jboss-as7-dev] Adding more trace level logging

Scott Stark sstark at redhat.com
Wed Mar 23 17:18:25 EDT 2011

One example location is in the
org.jboss.as.server.Bootstrap.Configuration inner class, which has no
logger. I need to know what the absolute path to the standalone.xml file
is that the server is trying to load. So, is there a pattern to where we
are allowing loggers vs Stdout?

It looks like the logger categories are more along the lines of
subsystem names rather than simply using the class name which is
embedding the logger. Any usage guidelines to follow for that?

         public synchronized ExtensibleConfigurationPersister
getConfigurationPersister() {
             if (configurationPersister == null) {
                 if (serverEnvironment == null) {
                     configurationPersister = new
NullConfigurationPersister(new StandaloneXml(moduleLoader));
                 }
                 else {
                     QName rootElement = new
QName(Namespace.CURRENT.getUriString(), "server");
                     StandaloneXml parser = new
StandaloneXml(Module.getBootModuleLoader());
                     File xmlFile = new
File(serverEnvironment.getServerConfigurationDir(), "standalone.xml");
*                    System.out.printf("Using standalone configuration:
%s", xmlFile.getAbsolutePath());
*                    configurationPersister = new
BackupXmlConfigurationPersister(xmlFile, rootElement, parser, parser);
                 }
             }
             return configurationPersister;
         }