[jboss-as7-dev] Missing cause on jboss.network.default: failed to resolve interface default error

Scott Stark sstark at redhat.com
Sat Mar 26 16:03:35 EDT 2011

So this is not working as I want, and cannot based on the current
NetworkInterfaceService because it returns the address of the interface
that matches as bind address. What I need is for the bind address to be
taken from the criteria because the interface does not list all of the
allowed bind addresses it supports. This is for a rhel instance where
the loopback interface allows any 127.0.* address to be bound against
it. So, what I need is an

public interface InterfaceCriteriaWithAddress extends InterfaceCriteria {

     /**
      * Gets the InetAddress to use if the criteria matches a network
interface
      *
      * @return <code>true</code> if the given interface/address meets
this object's
      *         criteria
      *
      * @throws SocketException
      */
     InetAddress getAddress();
}

and then a LoopbackInterfaceCriteriaWithAddress so that I can specify
the default interface as:

<interfaces>
<interface name="default">
<loopback value="127.0.0.1"/>