[jboss-as7-dev] How would you typically consume an MSC service from a JEE deployment?

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Mon Mar 28 09:55:08 EDT 2011

On 03/28/2011 06:17 AM, David Bosschaert wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just trying to figure out how an end user would typically consume an MSC
> service from a JEE deployment such as a Servlet or EJB...
>
> How do we expect our customer to consume MSC services? (In my case the
> MSC service is registered through the OSGi layer...)
> I guess the ideal way would be through some sort of injection...

*If* we do this, and I'm not saying we will, the best way would be to
use the EE injection facilities.  In other words, use @Resource or a
resource-env-ref with maybe some customized mappedName attribute to
designate the service - or perhaps a completely different annotation or
descriptor altogether.  This would incidentally be compatible with our
existing EE injection system which uses MSC services anyway for setting
up dependencies.
--
- DML