[jboss-as7-dev] how to access the management model?

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Tue Mar 29 10:30:09 EDT 2011

> I have a simple Maven plug-in using the Java API. It's probably not 100% complete yet, but it works for now. https://github.com/jamezp/jboss-as-deploy-plugin
>
> Anyway, you'll see how simple the Java API is for deploying, redeploying and undeploying. I'm sure the API does a lot more than what I'm doing with it, but it's a simple example.

There is no doubt that the Java API is better - our concern is if that Java API will be back/forward compatible with releases of AS 7.x/EAP 6.x or if tools need to have a separate bundle compiled
for each version (biggest problems we've seen previously is that even when the api's didnt change the serialization did and boom - tools are broken).

>From what I understand the only way "out" of this is to use http or dmr api's since that is/should be stable and does not break as easily as a java library dependency.
There could of course still be changes/dependencies but the tools could handle that without having to bundle N versions of AS client jars.

That's why we are looking for and asking how to do operations like deployment and other operations via the http/dmr api.

/max