[jboss-as7-dev] Requirements and Design Proposal: AS7 TestSuite

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Wed Mar 30 12:50:50 EDT 2011

>>> In other words, you want us to sacrifice things like the ability to have
>>> a testsuite that works on domain mode and responds to deployment as fast
>>> as possible because you chose to use the FS API?
>>

>> btw. i'm still in the blind on what alternative we have to FS api....
>>
>> Where is the tool/way to deploy to AS7 without writing a custom client that uses
>> the native api ?
>
> Alexey is working on the CLI support right now.

Ok, i'll ask him how he do it then.

> A contributor also did this in like a couple of hours:
> https://github.com/jamezp/jboss-as-deploy-plugin

That code is using as far as I can see the Java API which I will *not* work across multiple versions
unless you guys guarantee serialization and API will not change ?

Last time we had the discussion (Devoxx) it was said to me that if I wanted portability
I (and other tools) would need to use the HTTP exposed API (or the file API).

Has that changed ?

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen