[jboss-as7-dev] Arquillian and JPDA on AS7

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Wed Mar 30 16:03:43 EDT 2011

>> Respectfully disagree.  That's how it's traditionally been done because
>> we've had no better way.  Again, ARQ can manage the server lifecycle in
>> Embedded and Managed modes.  And "real testing" is subjective; I can do
>> all sorts of amazing things in these modes (like used shared memory to
>> test concurrency and pass-by-reference) that are impossible in other
>> ways.  Not to mention that it's dead simple to run.
>
> by "real testing" I mean you are running against the "real" thing and not some stripped down server/deployment.
>
> And unless i'm completely misunderstanding you then the start/stop of a server via ARQ is still doing the "lifecycle" of a junit/integration test run.
>
> Just because ARQ provides this does not mean the "live"/"real" running on the server goes away ?

Had a quick chat with Aslak about this thread and it seems we are using different terminologies :)

So to be clear, for me ARQ is about *automated* testing and what I call "real" testing Aslak suggested I call "Manual Verification" to avoid the confusion/overlap with the generic word "test" :)

Hope that clears things up a bit.

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen