[jboss-as7-dev] What is AS 7 kernel ?

Kabir Khan kabir.khan at jboss.com
Thu Mar 31 04:18:32 EDT 2011

JBoss AS 7 is not based on the Microcontainer, instead it is based on https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-modules (for classloading) and https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-msc (dependency injection). Those projects should contain some javadoc to get you started.

http://community.jboss.org/wiki/HackingonAS7 tells you how to get the source which at least contains some examples of how MSC is used. The classloader modules are set up in the modules directory of the built AS instance, some info can be found at http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/jboss-as7-dev/2010-December/000136.html  (although it kind of assumes prior knowledge)