[jboss-as7-dev] JMS subsystem, clarification needed

Kabir Khan kabir.khan at jboss.com
Wed May 4 04:35:52 EDT 2011

I'll hazard a few guesses
On 4 May 2011, at 09:10, Heiko Braun wrote:

> [domain at localhost:9999 /] /profile=default/subsystem=jms:read-resource(recursive=true)
> {
>    "outcome" => "success",
>    "result" => {
>        "connection-factory" => {
>            "InVmConnectionFactory" => {
>                "connector" => {"in-vm" => {"backup-connector-name" => "netty"}},
>                "entries" => ["java:/ConnectionFactory"]
>            },
>            "RemoteConnectionFactory" => {
>                "connector" => {"netty" => {"backup-connector-name" => "in-vm"}},
>                "entries" => ["RemoteConnectionFactory"]
>            }
>        },
>        "queue" => {"testQueue" => {"entries" => ["queue/test"]}},
>        "topic" => {"testTopic" => {"entries" => ["topic/test"]}}
>    },
>    "compensating-operation" => undefined
> }
>

> Can someone explain JMS resource to me?
InVmConnectionFactory uses the 'in-vm' connector, and if that is not available it uses the 'netty' connector.
RemoteCOnnectionFactory uses the 'netty' connector, and if that is not available it uses the 'in-vm' connector (not sure if it makes sense to have that one as a fallback now that you mention is :-) ).
I am not sure what is meant by 'not available' :-)

> What are the "entries" attributes in both cases?
InVmConnectionFactory is put into JNDI under java:/ConnectionFactory and RemoteConnectionFactory under RemoteConnectionFactory.

> Assuming these are JNDI names, why are they mapped to list types?
Probably because HornetQ allows these to be bound into JNDI under several names. Not sure if that makes sense in AS, or if it complicates things for users