[jboss-as7-dev] Datasource attribute modifications

Stefano Maestri smaestri at redhat.com
Fri May 6 06:04:36 EDT 2011

It's almost the same point for which Heiko W. Rupp opened the
"Configuration and user friendlyness" discussion.

In fact to change these attributes the ds need to be stopped (nicely)
and restarted, we can't do that at runtime.
I'm going to answer the Rupp's discussion, because IMHO we would need in
these cases a composite operation that remove (nicely) the resource and
re-add it with only the changed attribute modified.

any other opionins about that?

S.