[jboss-as7-dev] Configuration and user friendlyness

Stefano Maestri smaestri at redhat.com
Fri May 6 06:10:43 EDT 2011

I agree, but as answered in another thread there are (staying on your
example of data source) some attributes we can't change runtime. We need
to stop pools and so on.
IOW we would need for these cases a composite operation to remove
(nicely) and re-add a resource with all attributes cloned except the
changed ones.

Probably we need this kind of operations not only for ds and it have to
be designed considering also the effort guys are doing for nice shutdown
of the server.

just my 2C

S.