[jboss-as7-dev] CLI Archive

Jesper Pedersen jesper.pedersen at jboss.org
Mon May 9 08:45:56 EDT 2011

On Thursday, May 05, 2011 06:30:08 PM Brian Stansberry wrote:
> Notes from a conversation today with Dimitris, John, Jesper, Jason. Not
> an urgent priority, just some ideas.
>
> Idea is to have an archive format that can be processed by the CLI. The
> contents are:
>
> 1) A script containing CLI commands; the same kind of file it can read now.
>
> 2) Any content associated with the commands.
>
> The commands that refer to the content (e.g. deploy foo.war) would use
> paths relative to the root of archive.
>
> Basically package content together with the script.
>
> The file could be created by hand, or by the CLI itself (or the web
> console) by recording commands and then instead of executing them, write
> out the archive.

Just adding the extension idea too that we discussed briefly.

A 'GSS Archive' which is basically the same as above (startup / shutdown
scripts + artifacts), but also includes the logs from the domain/host and
scripts to align the setup against the current running instances.

This will allow GSS to 'replay' the setup in their environment. Yes, there are
some caveats around this, but having a "Create support ticket" from the UI
based on this archive would be a good start.

Best regards,
 Jesper