[jboss-as7-dev] (JDBC) Driver Registry

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Mon May 9 11:32:15 EDT 2011

Am 09.05.2011 um 17:22 schrieb Brian Stansberry:

> For drivers that are installed as modules, the datasource subsystem
> <drivers> element provides a registry. The issue is drivers installed
> via deployments. We don't know that a deployment is a driver until the
> deployment processors in the servers get hold of it. The DC has no

Deployment through http api is currently (at least) two steps:
- upload of the bits
- registering of the bits in /deployments

could we at the second step not just provide more metadata
like "this deployment is of type X " with X being jdbc-driver, ear, war, ...
so either the domain controller can parse the bits for the information needed.
Or add a list or key-value pairs, that may be ignored by the deploy logic,
but which would help identifying the content in /deployments and
perhaps querying them via some "query language".

I don't recall my exact need for querying, but I recall that we did have that
thought before.

  Heiko